Sunday, December 2, 2012

FAQ's on Baby #3

So I  basically do not blog...ever!  I enjoyed blogging while pregnant with Leo and looked forward to it, but then it became something I no longer felt drawn to do on a normal basis.  While I've had more than enough material to put into words, I suppose I was content having much of it stay in my head.  I did however want to toss up a blog regarding a few common questions I have gotten regarding baby #3!  I have always been pretty open regarding our family planning!  So here goes!

1)  Was this baby planned?  Absolutely!

2) You said you had to seek infertility treatments for Dylan and Leo...did this baby happen on its own?  Nope!  When Jake and I decided (after nearly daily discussions) to have one more baby, I weaned Leo around 10 months from breastfeeding.  I was fortunate to have had a large freezer supply and he received breast milk until 14 months for those that are curious.  I had to wean him because I knew if I had to take fertility meds they are not good for babies!  I had some baseline blood work and ultrasounds before trying to conceive and basically they showed that my body (reproductively) was dormant.  This is basically how my body is, I don't cycle or ovulate on my own so it was likely I'd need help.  We said we would do only 3 months of fertility treatments because we did not want to emotionally give more to a baby we might have when we already had two children who needed us!  I took Femara and had an IUI done and we were so blessed to get pregnant the first cycle in September!

3)  Were you trying for a girl?  Nope

4)  But really....don't you want a girl?  Really....yes and no.  We would welcome the experience of having a daughter of course.  However,  I have two beautiful boys how are my momma's boys and  the experience has been amazing (challenging yes) so far.  Our decision to have another child was the decision to have a big family and that we just did not feel complete yet.  With all the trouble I have had getting pregnant it seems fairly insignificant for us to focus on the sex of the baby.  After I had Leo we were not sure we were having another baby so honestly I came to terms then I would probably never have a daughter and got over it in about a day.  It just doesn't matter to me in the big picture.  I do feel like there is a lot of outside wishes for a girl and as much as it is well intended, I get sad that people may not feel as excited for this baby if its another boy.  I know that I will love another boy just as much as my others and I hope everyone else will see any baby for the blessing that they are just as I will!

5)  Is this your last baby?  Regardless of boy or girl this is it!!!  Even when I felt sick with Leo I would say I don't know if I'm ready for this to be my last pregnancy.  This time I feel pretty icky and I am certain...as is Jake, that this will be it.  I know I will still be sad to see this time in my life be in the past but to have come so far in this journey of having children. I feel content that these are my last 5/6 months of pregnancy.

6)  Are you finding out the sex before birth?  Um yes I'm a major planner and need to know!  I either need very little or a lot of clothes.  We had an early ultrasound guess but I'm not going off anything until a later ultrasound!

I think that is it!  I have gotten all those questions A LOT!  Thank you all for sharing in our excitement!  We can't wait to meet another one of our babies.  Childbirth has for me been an incredible experience thus far and I'm so blessed to do it one more time!  I'm afraid I won't make it to the hospital in time though!  We have about six months to go but I know it will fly by.  I'm 14 weeks now, and staying busy with the boys!  Happy Holidays!

Blessings, Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment