Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Leo

Wasn't I just writing about being pregnant?  Somehow my baby is now 1! Wow!  He is such a JOY in our lives.  Leo is 29 inches tall (25%) and exactly 20 pounds (10%).  A very healthy happy boy.  He is a great eater and has more table food everyday with a few purees still mixed in.  He only has 2 teeth but he makes the most of him.  He drinks great out of a sippy cup but still loves his bottles.  I stopped nursing around 10.5 months as it was no longer something Leo was interested in doing but thanks to a great freezer supply he is still getting breastmilk.  I feel fortunate that I was able to keep him on breastmilk this long.  Leo loves to play with all his toys and his big brother.  He is such a go getter!  He has become very snuggly these days and has the most kissable cheeks on the planet.  He does a lot of cruising and walks on his hands and feet but hasn't quite taken the plunge by himself.  He will take several steps just holding one of my hands.  I think he is incredibly observant and very smart.  He loves to play with people but plays independently too.  He is a very  good baby.  He has some separation anxiety but he gets over it very quickly if I have to leave him which is very rare.  He so enjoys playing that he can usually recover pretty quickly!  I am forever grateful for the experience to be home with Leo this first year and experience all the firsts, tuck him in at naps, or hold him for naps those days when he needed more TLC.  I cannot say that everyday was pure bliss, lets be honest, but I never take for granted that this time is precious and a gift for me and my children. I can truly say we are enjoying  Leo at this age immensely and feel so blessed everyday to have two beautiful children!  Happy Birthday Leo Oliver.  My heart grows with love for you everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment