Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Body Beautiful?

Ahh pregnancy, such a beautiful phase in a women's life with her growing shape, new curves, that pregnancy glow....doesn't every pregnant woman just love it?  NO!!  Is it beautiful to be growing another human being, your own son or daughter?  Absolutely. But find me 10 pregnant ladies and 9 of them will tell you they could do without the new shape and curves.  We're bigger, we're uncomfortable, we want to be skinny again.  I know this sounds vain and silly but its just the truth.  I do not ever wish to miss this experience because I'd rather not gain weight etc., but i think it's OK to say it is not my favorite part.  I have not gained much weight so far, but I feel huge and my belly is somewhat impressive.  With my first pregnancy I hardly showed until the end, now I have people asking me if  its "time".  No folks, God willing this baby will stay put until September!  I had a checkup yesterday and when doc measured me I had to know....he said I was measuring right on at 27/28 weeks.  That was good to hear.  It's funny because in one day I can hear "you're so tiny" and one hour later" its "woah you really popped".  Why the need for narrative when I'm pregnant?  I'm either "all belly" or "pregnant all over" and to be honest sometimes I let it get to me either way.  I just am not comfortable with people always analyzing my body...or bump!  That of course is due to my own insecurities and I know that.  Most days I take it in stride and just realize...yep this is what happens you get pregnant, grow a human, you get bigger.  Ideally you go back to your smaller version after.  I was lucky with #1, I lost the weight crazy fast due to luck and nursing and decided to get in killer shape with a trainer once I could.  I will follow the same protocol this time around if I can.  Until then I will try to embrace my body....I do love my belly and the little guy moving inside it.  Sometimes it's just hard to ignore that voice in your head that says...."I believe the baby may also be in your lovely puffy face".

To all my pregnant friends and new moms, you are stunning, you are neither too big, or too small, you are just perfect :)  Hey, sometimes we just need to be told!  Thank you to my husband and kind friends who always have something nice to say!  It never goes unnoticed!

-Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment